how awesome does this look? ok ok mebbe it looks a little empty now but tt's only cos i didn't include what we will be doing in each country.
1 June Fri
Depart SIN 23:10 Turkish Airways
2 June Sat
Arrive IST 06:15
3 June Sun
IST
4 June Mon
Depart IST 15:00 Turkish Airways
Arrive ROM 16:30
5 June Tues
AM PISA Daytrip (Flight or train. mebbe going Florence)
PM Back in ROM
6 June Wed
AM ROM
PM Depart ROM, Arrive VEN (Flight)
7 June Thurs
AM VEN
PM Depart VEN, Arrive GENEVA (Overnight Train)
8 June Fri
GENEVA
9 June Sat
GENEVA
10 June Sun
AM Depart GENEVA, Arrive PARIS (Flight or train.)
11 June Mon
PARIS
12 June Tues
PARIS
13 June Wed
AM Depart PARIS, Arrive BARCELONA (Flight)
14 June Thurs
AM BARCELONA
PM Depart BARCELONA, Arrive MAD (Flight)
15 June Fri
MAD
16 June Sat
MAD
17 June Sun
Depart MAD 14:25 Turkish Airways
Arrive IST 19:25
Depart IST 23:45
18 June Mon
Arrive SIN 15:25
shaz are u happy now?? join us in italy and france lah! any tips or recommendations??
in other news, one of our travellers may not be able to make it. so if anyone is free from 1 to 18 june and has $5k to spare, come talk to me!! really.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Warning. Tag vomit ahead.
5th June: Why Pisa? There is so much to do in Rome ok. Having said that, I myself have never been Rome before. Pisa, except for the obvious has nothing much to offer.
6th June: I am assuming VEN is Venezia and if it is, wow. Venezia and its vaporettos (water bus) is something worth going to. I know you guys are not doing hostels but I would highly recommend this hostel because it is kinda nearby St Marks and the view is lovely. Even my mom stayed there ok.
10 June: So these dates are confirmed then ah? I am debating between this and Barcelona but I am not interested in Gaudi (some famous Spanish architecture) and besides I find French guys hot.
10 June. Flight vs train from Geneva to Paris. I checked www.easyjet.com flying from GEN to PAR and it oklah. About GBP 33 or SGD99. Oklah but I am a train rather than a flight kinda person. The GBP33 flight is not for long ok. If you decide to take, you must book asap because if the demand is higher than supply, the price will increase and you will be in for a 'sur-plise.' Hahaha.
16 June: MAD. I am assuming that it stands for Madrid and not the status of your mind. I stayed in pensiones (rooms within people's homes) and it was pretty reasonable. About 30 Euros for 2 people. Sol is the place to stay. Happening giler malam.
Oklah. Sorry for the long tag. Cannot help it when people start talking about travelling. So exciting!
And seriously $5k? For expenses (accomodation, food, overland transport, attractions, shopping), I put aside about that amount for my SIX months trip and I still had change ok when I got back.
Lastly, on a totally unrelated matter, it is stripping, not striping. Stick to your day job ok and don't give anyone nightmares..
shaz, first of all, fuck off lah. haha. u're making so many assumptions!
1. we know pisa only has the leaning tower that's why it's a day trip, or rather half day trip seeing how we'll be back in rome on that same afternoon/ evening.
2. who said we're not doing hostels?
3. we have to be flight people mostly cos its cheaper and saves time. which we don't have a lot of, as u can see it's 18 days. not wks. not months. DAYS.
4. $5k sgd. we know u're earning in pounds ok, make sure u divide whatever number in yr head by 3.
5. i can't believe u're correcting my english.
I wanna join in the happy bandwagon too! Spelling error for 'accommodate'! I know I shd have tagged this comment to that entry, but this one like more happening ah!
Eh cow, you think money grows on trees eh. Of course I was referring to SGD$5k. Yes, for six months expenses and no credit card bills.
And I was correcting your spelling, not English. Looks like I have to correct your vocab as well...
Shaz, what did you eat in Europe? How do you find cheap food?
Well yas, there were times where I would trot down to the nearest supermarket and make some simple sandwiches like tuna and make my way to the sights and eat. Or I would cook in the hostel kitchen an easy meal like tuna and pasta. Which might explain my current aversion to tuna.
But don't worry. I am pretty was2 with my food and I survived. So how, Yas? Are you joining naz for the trip. Seems to me you are pretty interested.
so happening ah this post? haha. join us if u can yas! and shaz, i will deal with u privately. *evil laughter*
I can't lah, $5,000 is too much. I just came back from Cambodia some more.
We could live on apples and tuna sandwiches but I would be depressed lah. I like eating the local food wherever I go. I find it to be half the experience.
I can understand how Shaz spent 5K in 6 months -- she went mostly to third world countries and travelled over land for much of it, right?
Also you have a lot more flights, and cheaper ones, to choose from when you're booking from these countries.
Now I feel ashamed I spent $600 total for a week in Cambodia (including airfare).
Shaz I'm planning a 2- or 3-week trip to Vietnam maybe end of this year. You be my travel consultant ok?
That's true. Dining out is half the experience. I ate like a king (on a budget) in Asia but I eat like a pauper in Europe.
And the expenses I spent on was on first-world countries too such as Australasia and the US. You cannot imagine the shock when from a $2 meal, I had to pay $8 for a meal in US.
I have never been to the golden triangle (laos, cambodia and vietnam) but from what I hear, Cambodia is one of the best and is not so-called pretentious as Vietnam. Vietnam i hear, is like the Venice of the East.
I am jealous like hell on your upcoming trips; naz to la-la land and yasmine to cambodia. Did you know I enjoyed your laos update yas and I keep it as an inspiration for me the next time I go there.
And naz, don't forget I did tae kwan doe, you evil cow...
Eh I actually posted a comment here yesterday but it's not here! Weird.
Ok so anyway I said: Shaz, I already came back from Cambodia lah. I wrote about it on my blog even.
If you ever go to Laos tell me ok, I wouldn't mind going again!
And how did you manage to spend just $5000 in six months, including AU and US?! Please email me to tell me how you did it. I want to know how much each hostel and meal cost. I need to learn how to budget like you!
eh? have wat yas, it was probably hard to detect it under the ton of comments tt shaz seems to have left. haha.
i wanna go to 3rd world asian countries also leh. bring me!
and shaz manages to spend that little cos she's a cheapskate and probably doesn't count the amount she makes on the side while on her trips. *nudge nudge wink wink*
HAHA. Ok Naz, I'll update you on my future 3rd world trips. Vietnam end of this year. Next year I don't know... I still haven't been to Indonesia! Or maybe we should try Myanmar, I've heard it's wonderful.
Post a Comment