Friday, April 14, 2006

someone make the pain go away...

i'm having a horrid headache right now, the kind that throbs with a life of it's own. been that way since yesterday. sigh. i'm assuming it's a side effect of the antibiotics i'm taking for the diarrhoea episode i had on wed. 10 times to the loo. i think that's some kinda record man. the thing about this stupid headache is that it's at the back of my head and the throbbing subsides when i hold my breath. so what does this mean? i have to stop breathing to make the pain go away? is death the answer? sighs.

anyways, last sat i co-hosted the annual kampung party held in my neighbourhood. GOH was minister George Yeo. i didn't say that much during the hosting as my co-host seemed intent on reading from his script and not even making eye contact with me so i couldn't cut in and give my two cents worth. bummer ok. so stupid. but i did manage to give an overview of the event and tease the musical act and conduct the lucky draw in a relatively professional manner. that's what i think anyway.

i sat at the GOH table for dinner. wahaha. while the GOH was making his rounds greeting the residents i took the opportunity to swipe some of the kuih lapis at the table for my forever hungry family members... what? it wasn't like he was gonna eat it. cos right after the greetings was the dialogue session.

it was a good dialogue session indeed. he was poised and diplomatic with all his answers to the queries from the residents. he even kept his cool and kept his face straight when an excited elderly resident was spinning him a tale of her house hunting woes. kelakar gila ok.

it was also a pretty lucky night, my family members won 2 of the lucky draw prizes. haha. a rice cooker and a mini cd compo. coincidental, cos before the event started i told my lil bro, we are gonna take home the cd player thingy. haha. no, no kelong cos i wasn't the one who picked the numbers ok. i merely read them out. haha.

sadly this may be the last kampung party before our enbloc sale. we're all hoping that it'll happen really really soon. many of the residents have already gone househunting sia! so if anyone who lives in the east happens to know someone who's moving out of a flat that's big enough for 6 people, let me know!! we're aiming for a jumbo flat i reckon. or a 5 room exec. i already have my furniture picked out. essential items are a loft bed (maximise space. i hate clutter), floor to ceiling mirrors, wall to wall wardrobe and no roommates. :)

ya, i'm dreaming. hehehe. ok back to nursing my poor head and cleaning out my closet. i have gots to go to the gym more often man. can't fit anymore! nooooo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am suddenly inspired to share with you a bad case of diarrhoea I had back in 2002..I hope you have not had lunch.

It was my last night in Cork, Ireland before I was to make my way down to Dublin for my flight. The only thing I had all day was a salmon salad and that night in the hostel, I started to excrete AND puke simultaneously. (Try topping that) This went on the whole night, and I was to go on a long 5 hour bus trip back to the capital in the morning. I puked so much that night that a blood vessel in my left ear burst and it was purplish; like a hickey.

I had trouble convincing my parents that I did not get lucky with some Irish lad. Well, not that time anyway.

So what I am trying to say is that there was never a blue-eyed 'sober' Irishman and that it really was a burst blood vessel. Really.

ps: Sorry for leaving such a long tag. I lazy ah want to blog, but very rajin to tag.

ana said...

Hahahhaa... Panjang seh comment nie!! But wow... Gross. Haha. Sounds very painful though. I'm glad you're still alive, shazzynay ='(. Wat wd life be w/o uuuuu???

Naz said...

ooh if u didn't get lucky THAT time... which time was it that you did get lucky eh? spill!

haha i was holding back the puke. told the doc tho & he gave me some pills. 5 types. my fave is the one tt reduces bloatedness & gastric. haha.

eh can die from diarrhoea?

ana said...

I think can!! Cuz ur system wants to remove things that aren't there anymore... so sampaikan leh berdarah and all. *ouch, sounds painful* Hmmm... not sure whether it's still called diarrhoea though!